South Walton Beaches Wine and Food Festival Preview
Story by Sarah Murphy Robertson
The extensive schedule for this year’s South Walton Food and Wine Festival is teeming with many (many!) wonderful features. Locals and visitors will surely be buzzing about all these fantastic events. And, we here at www.30afoodandwine.com will be running a giveaway for two tickets as well! Stay tuned for details.
• Beginning Thursday April 23rd is the VIP Meet and Greet. From 4 until 8 pm at the Sandestin Hilton, this invitation-only reception will treat guests to fabulous local food – including freshly shucked oysters – and of course premiere wine and craft beers. Live entertainment will round out the reception and kick off to the wonderful weekend ahead.
• Wine World in Destin will host Friday April 24th’s event, known as Winemakers and Shakers. From 4 pm until 6pm, world-known winemakers will enjoy incredible sips.
• Also, on Friday April 24th, is the Craft Beer and Spirits Jam. From 6 – 9pm at Town Center and Grand Park, guests can sample specialty craft beers and sprits from breweries and distilleries, sample yummy eats, and enjoy live music by Boukou Groove.
• Saturday April 25th is when the things really get rolling. Starting with a VIP Wine Tasting at Grand Park from 11 am to 1 pm, this experience will feature top wine celebrities sharing rarely encountered wines. Food tastings from local restaurants and celebrity chefs Laurent Deconink and Michel Cornu.
• From 1 until 3 pm Saturday the annual Destin Charity Wine Auction will allow guests to bid on silent auction items including vacations and collectable wines while supporting dozens of local children’s charities.
• Between 1 and 5 pm Saturday is the Grand Tasting at Town Center and Culinary Village. Over 800 wines will be available at the Grand Tasting, much to the ultimate enjoyment of ticket purchasers.
• Also on Saturday between 1 – 5 pm is Champagne Lane, featuring the finest Champagnes and sparkling wines. In addition to tasting delicious bubbles, you can watch art demonstrations by South Walton Artist of the Year.
• Tasting Seminars will take place between 1 – 5 pm throughout the Grand Tastings in Culinary Village. Learn how best to pair wine with food while sampling fine wines and spirits.
• Hey, let’s do it all over again! From 1 – 5 pm at Town Center Sunday April 26th brings the second day of Grand Tastings, bubbly Champagne Lane strolls, and fabulous Tasting Seminars. Culinary Village will have more delicious food bites, selected to go with all varietals of these fine wines. Keeping everyone tapping their toes, both on Saturday and Sunday, talented songwriters from Nashville will perform their hits.
What an incredible weekend just around the corner for wine and food lovers alike! Be sure to secure your tickets today and get ready for a world-renown experience here in South Walton. For more information or to purchase your tickets, visit www.sowalwine.com.
Photography Courtesy of South Walton Beaches Wine and Food Festival