Story by: Sarah Murphy Robertson
Warning: reading this article may result in one’s immediate craving for fare from these fantastic local establishments.
As the weather cools and fall settles in, the holidays aren’t far behind. Thanksgiving is synonymous with family fun and good food. Here in our corner of paradise known as 30A, there are lots of ways you can play the day. Sure, you can make the whole meal all by yourself, but with so many delicious options, we recommend letting our area’s finest restaurants help with some or all of your special meal.
Chanticleer Eatery in Grayton Beach provides nearly everything for your Thanksgiving this year. From your favorite side dishes to freshly crafted rolls, pies, cakes, and cookies, all you’ll need to do is roast a bird. All orders must be placed no later than Monday November 24th at 12 noon. Pickups will be Wednesday, November 26th 11-3pm. 850.213.9065. (And if I were you, I’d order extra treats to enjoy all weekend long!)
Half-pan Sides: (feeds 10-12)
• Squash Casserole 1/2 pan $35
• Sweet Potato Casserole 1/2 pan $20
• Mashed Potatoes 1/2 pan $25
• Pasta Salad 1/2 pan $25
• Baked Beans 1/2 pan $20
• Apple Sage Cranberry Dressing 1/2 pan $30
• Cranberry Sauce pint $15
Scratch-made Baked Goods:
• 8 inch Pies – Sweet Potato or Pumpkin are $13; Pecan, Traditional Apple and Apple with Streusel Topping for $15
• Rolls (1/2 dozen $4.50/dozen $9)- Sweet Potato, Rosemary Sage, or Honey Oatmeal
• 3 Layer Cakes $42 – German Chocolate Cake, Lemon Cake, Carrot Cake
• Cookies (1/2 dozen $7.50/dozen $15) – White Chocolate Coconut or Double Chocolate Chip
Modica Market in Seaside once again has UNCOOKED organic free range turkeys for pre-order by Friday November 14th. Sizes available are: 10 – 14 lbs, 16 – 20 lbs, and 20 – 24 lbs. They will also have uncooked turkey breasts, smokes hams, steaks, and tenderloins available. 850.231.1214
Don’t forget to add their incredible side dishes and pies. Available in store, first come, first serve:
• Cornbread Dressing, Oyster Dressing, Corn Souffle, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Squash Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Cranberry Relish. AND, Fresh Pecan, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato and Apple Pies.
Let Highlands House in Santa Rosa Beach and Chef Kevin prepare an amazing dinner for you and your family! You can email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 850.267.0110
$30 per person for: ½ lb white and dark Herb-Roasted Turkey, Sage-Scented Gravy & your choice of 4 sides. (Add a pie – either Pumpkin or Pecan for just $20.)
Highlands House side options include:
• Sweet Potato Casserole with Bourbon Marshmallow Brulee, Haricot Vert with a Wild Mushroom Cream, Cornbread with Honey Butter, Citrus spiked Cranberry sauce, Roasted Pecan, Leek and Herb Stuffing, Pimento Mac n’ Cheese, Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots, Creamed Corn Casserole, Country Ham and Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Gratin, Gruyere Potato Gratin, Ham Hock Braised Collard Greens.
Café Thirty-A in Seagrove has Thanksgiving covered with their excellent cuisine available as entire To-Go dinners feeding up to six people for $180.00. They include:
• Deep-fried Brined Turkey (whole or carved), choice of soup or salad, and side dishes of: Green Bean Casserole, Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing, Candied Yams, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes and Giblet Gravy. But that’s not all. You also get a choice of dessert – Pumpkin Pie or Double Chocolate Pecan Pie.
You can call in your order or email until Sunday November 23rd and pickup will be on Thanksgiving Day between 11 am and 4 pm. 850.231.2166 extension 1 or email@example.com.
Or get some fresh air, pack up the fam, and head on over to Stinky’s Fish Camp in Dune Allen for the big meal. They are taking reservations (for this day only!) from 11 am – 7 pm, and along with a pared-down seafood menu, are offering a Thanksgiving Day meal including all the much-beloved trimmings. 850.267.3053
Stinky’s Traditional Turkey Dinner includes:
• House Brined Turkey, Giblet Gravy, Cranberry Chutney, Fluffed Potatoes, Andouille Cornbread Stuffing, Baked Winter Squashes, Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole, Buttered Green Beans, Praline Sweet Potato, Creamed Corn, and Dirty Rice for $25.95
Another option is their Three Course Turkey Dinner for $34.95:
• Includes Pear Salad, the Traditional Turkey Dinner, and choice of any dessert: Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Key Lime Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, Bread Pudding, or Heaven & Earth.
No matter how you map out your meal, be sure to count your blessings and savor time with those you love. All of us at 30afoodandwine.com wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!