Year after year, our little piece of paradise here in South Walton gains new fans and followers. With the ever-growing popularity of 30A, the culinary bar is continually raised by some of the country’s finest chefs and restaurateurs.
This summer was no different as Exectuve Chef Camille Withall of George’s at Alys Beach continued to delight guests both new and old.
We caught with her one afternoon to quickly highlight a few of the more popular dishes and additions to the menu from this summer. Here are a few our our recommendations when dining in Alys Beach at George’s at Alys Beach.
1. Start of your visit with the Watermelon Tuna Poke- a miso vinaigrette, plantain chips, chili oil and Hawaiian black sea salt have made this one of the most poplar dishes on the menu.
2. Fresh Puttanesca Tagliatelle Pasta – lighter, olive oil based with anchovy, garlic, shallots and capers. Guests have the choice of adding vegetable, shrimp, or chicken to the dish.
3. Californai Lobster Roll – George’s take on the summer lobster roll that boasts claw and knuckle meat, cucumber, sliced mangos and a Kewpie aioli.
4. Prosciutto and Melon Salad– smoked citrus vinaigrette with feta three different melons and fried crispy prosciutii
5. Smoked Pork Ribs cauliflower polenta fries, sweet jalapeño slaw, mango bbq sauce
6. Sea Scallops – A very rich dish featuring corn and field pea succotash, pea shoots and crawfish sauce piquante
So whether you are looking to behave or misbehave, George’s at Alys Beach will not disappoint.