Last Minute Stocking Stuffers
December 22, 2016
Story by Jordan Lacenski
Written while sipping on Hess Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
It’s the week of Christmas. You made your list, but you didn’t check it twice and now you walk into the office to find a gift from your coworker who you forgot to buy for.
Your in-laws are visiting for the holidays and you have stockings hung for each of them but the bit sized chocolates and candy canes make them look a little empty and sad compared to everyone elses.
You need to buy for the person who has everything. You’re racking your brain, you’re scrolling through the Amazon Prime offerings hoping that 2-day shipping is available for that cool pair of socks they will probably never wear.
We get it…you waited until the last minute. But don’t worry. We are here to save the day with stocking stuffer suggestions that are sure to be a hit. The best part: they are available right here on 30a.
Wine is always the best option. With a handful of wine retailers in the area, you are guaranteed to get great service and the perfect suggestion for your gift recipient. The folks at Wine World and Emerald Coast Wine Cellars truly know their inventory. They will help you navigate the taste buds of your giftee to pick the perfect bottle in your budget. From Château de Beaucastel to 30A Chardonnay by Mercer Estates, they offer wines from all over the world, so you can give the gift of the Rhone Valley or offer the new wine that’s flooding the beaches.
Wine World will ship to almost any location if you have friends and family on your list who are too far, and if they were especially nice, you can purchase a whole case, and shipping is FREE. Talk about making an impression!
If you really want to splurge, both retailers offer gift baskets, accessories, and holiday specific gift bags. From wine openers to glassware to clever wine bags, you will find everything you need to make spirits bright. Is your wine lover also fond of spirits? Check out this unique ice cube mold to cool down but not water down your whiskey. And let’s not forget about the impressive cheese offerings at Wine World. You can gift your own grand cru board to a local cheese lover. Better yet, be the hit of your Christmas party with a smorgasbord of tasty cheese, nuts, and dried fruits.
Here is a short list of five must-have items for the last few people on your list for every budget. You may just want to purchase extras because holiday shopping is stressful and you need a glass of vino too.
1. The Prisoner – such a steal at $39.99, not to mention its latest debut in the Wine Spectator Top 100.
2. Opus One – for that person you desperately need to impress, this is a splurge at $299.99 but it’s quoted as “the greatest Opus ever,” and you will certainly win over the girlfriend’s parents or the boss with this one.
3. Delamotte Champagne Rosé – because bubbles are always a hit on the holidays and rosé is still all the rage, no matter what season it is. The House of Delamotte is the fifth-oldest Champagne house in its region. Who needs dessert when you pop the top on this gift for $89.99?
4. Wine Charms – So you never grab your friends Riesling instead of your own Chardonnay again. The perfect host gift can also save the party guests from swapping glasses on accident.
5. Wine Away – because sip happens, and sometimes it’s all over your brand new party dress. Wine Away is a lifesaver…yes even for those red wine spills.
Cheers. Proost. Sláinte. Salute. Salud.
– Jordan Lacenski: Founder & Chief Innovation Officer of BrandBoss Creative